I’m so honored to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! My thanks goes out to With Being Alive for nominating me!
Mystery Blogger Award:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Created by Okoto Enigma.
The rules are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Here are my answers to With Being Alive’s questions:
What is your favourite song and why?
Gosh, I have so many *favorite* songs. I switch off depending on my mood and experiences. Right now I would say that “Dressed In Black” by Sia is my favorite song. It expresses how I feel about my wife and how she broke through the barriers of my heart to love me. It’s so raw and real, and describes the journey of how I came to open up and LET someone love me so much. It makes me cry every time. Here’s the chorus:
You found me dressed in black
Hiding way up at the back
Life had broken my heart into pieces
You took my hand in yours
You started breaking down my walls
And you covered my heart in kisses
I thought life passed me by
Missed my tears, ignored my cries
Life had broken my heart, my spirit
And then you crossed my path
You quelled my fears, you made me laugh
Then you covered my heart in kisses
Ah, this is a hard one. I would want it to be a lesbian. So, either Ellen Page or Leisha Hailey. Leisha Hailey’s character, Alice, is basically me, so maybe Leisha.
What is your favourite word and why?
My favorite words has to be an Indonesian word, “berani.” It has a HOST of meanings. Brave, bold, daring, courageous, audacious, valiant, plucky, intrepid, nervy, tough, gritty, dauntless, reckless, game, undaunted, gallant, spunky, mettlesome, lion-hearted, venturous, and even more! It has a connotation that cannot exactly be described in English all at once. A warrior can be berani, but someone who cuts you off in traffic can also be berani. It covers a range of meanings and I love slipping it in when I can. No one understands me, but I get a kick out of it. So if I call you berani, it could be a compliment or an insult.
Three things about me are:
- I grew up on the island of New Guinea in the South Pacific as a missionary kid. It is my home and I miss it very much. I miss the jungle, the people, the food, and of course the vistas. It’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, but maybe I’m just biased. My parents worked with an organization of pilots who flew missionaries into remote areas of New Guinea. My dad was one of these pilots, and I have landed a 208 Cessna Caravan in a mountain town only accessible by air.
- I spent time in Brazil and speak a little bit of Portuguese. I love Brazil, they have such open hearts and caring souls. They are some of the most welcoming people I’ve ever known. And their food and their music are amazing!
- I buzzed my head last summer and it was one of the most freeing experiences of my life. I thought I would look ridiculous but it looked fantastic, and wearing dangly earrings and makeup with it was really fun. Every woman should try it! Hair always grows back!
My nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award are blogs that speak about the struggles and victories of living with chronic illnesses, whether physical or mental. They are so real, and I love their honesty as they bravely share their journeys through their struggles. My nominees are:
Some questions I have for my nominees:
- What’s the funniest experience of your life?
- What’s your favorite book and why?
- What’s your favorite visual art style?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could colonize Mars would you? Why or why not?
I can’t wait to read your answers, Nominees!